1) Everybody knows that there are four seasons in a year and every
season is good on its own way with its own charm.
2) Consider autumn for example.
3) In September and November it is still warm and the sun shines
brightly in the blue cloudless sky.
4) But November brings cool winds, nasty and gloomy days.
5) And how nasty cold autumn rain is! Sometimes it rains for hours!
6) Nature is falling slowly asleep.
7) But there are people who like autumn, they say, it is the time of
harvest, golden leaves, it’s the time when the nature is very
8) Poets of all nations have sung autumn as the most beautiful time of
9) “Golden autumn,” they call it. Golden, indeed. Yet autumn does not
appeal to me very much.
10) I like winter much better with its frost and snow.
11) But I should say winter is not very cold in our place without awful
snowstorms and deep snowdrifts, it is becoming milder due to the
12) Although the average t is -5 C, it sometimes freezes up to -20 C.
13)We enjoy skating, skiing or tobogganing when there is much snow, but
snowless winters are also possible in Belarus.
14) Then we have the New Year Eve with a lot of presents.
15) It’s my favourite holiday and I like it very much.
16) Snow covers the ground from December to March and it seems that
winter will never end.
17) But March brings us hopes and nature wakes up after a long sleep,
birds come back from warm countries and everything around us promises
something new and exiting.
18) I think nobody is sorry when winter is over with its long black
nights and the wind howling outside.
19) We suddenly start feeling the new air; we can see the real beauty
20) Trees burst into leaves, fresh and lovely, the air smells of young
grass and first flowers.
Everything is filled with life pleasures.
21) To my mind, spring is the most marvelous season of the year and we
often go to the country in order to get in touch with nature and enjoy
22) While time goes on spring turns to summer.
23) The great Russian poet A. Pushkin wrote: “Oh, summer fine! I’d love
you but for the heat, the mosquitoes and flies!”
24) I share his opinion, but it wouldn’t be fair not to consider the
brighter side of the picture.
25) Being on a hot day in a cool river, picking berries and mushrooms,
lying in the sun on the beach…
26) We enjoy every minute of the weather, but the main thing is
certainly having a three-month holiday.
27) In summer we have new meetings, new impressions, merry time.
28) But summer is over and autumn comes and everything starts from the
29) So to cut the long story short, I must admit that I couldn’t say
what my favourite season is.
30) I like and admire them all because each of them is beautiful in its
31) Summer is for rest, autumn is romantic anв a bit sad, but it is a
good time to think over our life anв ourselves, winter is for work and
study, spring is the time to fill in with a new life.
32) I’d like to finish my topic with these lines:
“Man is a fool
When it’s hot, he wants it cool,
When it’s cool, he wants it hot.
He always wants what he has not got.”
33) So everything is good in its season.
Нашли опечатку? Выделите и нажмите CTRL+Enter