Реферат на тему:
1. The Commonweaith of Austrelia is a self govering federal state. It
is situated in the south-west of the Pasific ocean, ocuping the
continent of Australia and a great number of islands of which Tasmania
is the most important. Australia is a continent-island washed by the
Indian and the Pasific Oceans.
2. The country consists of 6 (six) states and 2 (two) territories. 16
million people live in Australia. The capital is Canberra. The offical
language is English.
3. Australia has a Parlament has two chambers, the house of
Representatives and the Senate. the governmant of the country is headed
by the Prime Minister.
4. Australia is not only far from the rest of the world, it has a bad
climet, too. The climet is better in the east and south-east, where most
big cities have grown-up. But the northen coast has too much rain, and
the westen coast is too dry.
5. The highest part of Australia, and almost all the mountains are
near the coast. The whole central part of the country is dry; it never
rains, there are no large rivers and no water there. So there is no very
rich plant life in Australia, except in the east and south-east.
6. Australia is an important producer and exporter of primary
products: wool, meat, sugar, fruit, black, coal, iron, copper, lead,
gold and so on.
7. Most of the factories are situated near big cities. There are 5
(five) big cities in Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and
bris bane. These cities are also the country’s main ports.
8. Canberra was specially planned as a capital. It is a quriet city.
All the gover-
ment buildings are situated there. There no industrial plants in the
city. About 300000
people live in Canberra.
9. Sydney is the oldest and largest city in Australia. It was founded
in 1788. Sydney
is a big industrial centre. About 3 million people now live in the city.
Нашли опечатку? Выделите и нажмите CTRL+Enter